- How to convert a 6040 CNC machine to Grbl. Replacing the USB interface from a popular Chinese CNC machine with an Arduino running Grbl.
- I made a mechanical keyboard with 3d-printed switches. 3D printed mechanical switches, 3D printed case, and 3D printed keycaps. It works, but it sucks.
- Home 3d metal printing: first results. 3D printing with bronze-filled filament, burning off the PLA, and then sintering the bronze in a furnace. Almost works, maybe.
- Design and Implementation of a Z80 Computer Front Panel. I built a front panel for my RC2014, with custom PCBs and panel artwork.
- Someone Created a Tor Hidden Service to Phish my Tor Hidden Service. Investigating an SMS Privacy phishing site.
- Encrypted email is still a pain in 2017. A rant about my experiences trying to set up GPG. Send me GPG-encrypted mail if you can work out how, and if I can work out how I'll reply.
- Secrets of the Medtronic MyCareLink Patient Monitor. I acquired a piece of medical equipment and cracked it open to see what was inside (spoiler: it's a Linux system, I know this!). Quite an interesting reverse-engineering exercise.
- Hiding messages in chess games. A stegosystem to encode data in the moves of a chess game. I'm quite proud of this.